If you use Instagram beyond chitchatting with your friends or sifting through the photos and sharing them, you can boost your career by a significant margin and might even land your dream job. No matter how surprising it may seem to you at this point, it is true that Instagram can surely get you ahead of the competitors to land the job.
Given the fact that Instagram has a large number of fans following, there is a fair bit of chance that you will find a lot of prospective CEOs and CFOs amongst the group looking for good and competitive talent. All you have to do is increase your reach.
Names will cover a full page or two when you take not of those people who have successfully managed to make lucrative careers using their Instagram accounts. What they did is simply use their photos and shared with their followers to provide a sneak peek into their unique talents or aspects of their lives. In return, they got big brands to pay them huge sums for sponsored posts.
Therefore, even if you do not want to a big digital star, it is unwise to turn your back on Instagram which ideally is the best social networking site that can provide you with real-world benefits, especially when it comes to landing your dream job.
The top tips
- Network: You may be well acquainted with the catchy and cliché phrase, ‘It is not what you know, it is who you know.’ This phrase is said time and time again and for various purposes for its huge amount of truth in it. If you want to move into more niche career options such as music, modeling, dance, art and more, Instagram is the most incredible and useful mechanism. This will help you to establish a connection with different other top people within these specific spaces. It is easier to build relationships through Instagram with already influential people of your dream field and get engaged with them making comments and like to put yourself out there.
- Visual representation: Influential people love using Instagram because they love to reach out to their followers and fans in a more creative way. Visual representation is the best way to do that and apart from Instagram, no other social media channels can provide that. It is due to the visual aspect of Instagram that connects people with other people within the same sectors. This provides a perfect setting for growth. It is now a common practice for several employers to check on their Instagram profile for potential candidates and their social media accounts. Therefore, this is the best place to showcase your talents and show you off.
- Social validation: Instagram will also help you in social validation which once again will help you to land your dream job. Since this platform is known for its easiest for growing fan bases and followers, it is so useful and results driven in terms of endorsing your skills in a given sector of your choice. Take help of experts and visit sites like https://gramblast.com/ to make the best use of this photo-sharing platform so that people have more trust in your page. If you have a large number of followers then it will be easy for you to make them follow you themselves because having more followers and getting more likes and comments will surely have a positive effect on you. When you will see that more and more people are supporting you, it will give you a huge confidence boost which will, in turn, allow you to carry on creating better and better contents.
- It is free: Many potential job seekers do not seem to realize how useful this free tool can be to put them in front of different brands and potential employers. It is not just a social media platform but it is also a useful marketing and branding tool.
- Stand out: You must ideally stand out during the recruitment process which is the key to land your dream job. Instagram will allow you that place to make a name for yourself. You can use several unconventional methods that will make your different and more confident before you step into the interview room. This platform provides you with endless opportunities to be innovative and creative within your space sans the usual limits of traditional interview processes. Even before the interview starts, your prospective employers will put a big tick next to your name.
Therefore, Instagram is just right for your dream job though it will have a very little bearing if you are looking for a job of an apprentice accountant. It is the best platform for people within more competitive fields such as fitness, music, dance, art, modeling, social media, and of course marketing industries. In short, it is the most worthwhile tool for all creative and skill based industries such as graphic designers, photographers, florists, and artists.
All these creative people fall behind when it comes to normal recruiting process to find their jobs. With Instagram, they can be found easily by the right type of people, provided they do not keep their account private. This platform will help them to represent them online in a better way and showcase their talent to suddenly light up the interviewer, who until this point was polite but much reserved.
Where to look
You can look for your jobs in company Instagram accounts which is the first result in Google. These accounts will tweet its employment opportunities increasingly apart from promoting their cultures. This is good news for you because the insights you will get from the target companies will not be available to your competition. You may even try out employee Instagram if a company does not have any using LinkedIn or the “Team” page of the company and look for work-related shots.